The Archive at Sunny Bank Mills is hidden gem of Leeds, housed within 4000 square feet of the historic Sunny Bank Mills, founded in 1829. This fascinating Archive consists of…
- Fabric records including over 300 guard books containing thousands of textile cuttings
- Over 60,000 lengths of fabric
- Over 8,000 fabric designs
- 5,000 wool dyeing recipe cards
- 100 leather bound ledgers and cash books
- Weaving Looms
- Photographs and memorabilia
- A library of mill related books.
Every visit brings a new find, exploring the shelves and filing cabinets with the archivist, Rachel Moaby. Our research for Flock North brought us to the Mill in June to get a feel for the space and see what we could find to inspire our work.